The Indigenous Health Program, now called Indigenous Wellness Core, partners with Indigenous peoples, communities and key stakeholders to provide accessible, culturally appropriate health services for First Nations, Métis and Inuit people in Alberta.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Day for Truth & Reconciliation
AHS will be commemorating the day with reflective sessions on Friday, September 29, learn more on Together4Health.
Let Us Know
About Indigenous Wellness Core
The Provincial Indigenous Health Program and the Indigenous Health Strategic Clinical Network have combined into one portfolio: Indigenous Wellness Core (IWC).
What This Means
- One portfolio focused on innovation, quality improvement and standardization for programs and services for all Indigenous peoples within Alberta.
- One point of contact for all Indigenous health needs and topics.
- Strengthening the building of partnerships between AHS and Indigenous peoples in Alberta.
The IWC is guided by the AHS Indigenous Health Commitments: Roadmap to Wellness. The Indigenous Health Commitments guides AHS in developing the structures, processes and organizational culture needed to respond to Indigenous peoples’ unique needs at the provincial, zone and program level with a driving vision of achieving health equity for and with Indigenous peoples in Alberta. Achieving this vision includes:
- Fostering lasting and meaningful relationships with Indigenous people, organizations and nations
- Eliminating racism and increasing cultural competency
- Closing gaps in access to healthcare services
- Working with Alberta Health and the federal government to streamline how Indigenous people access health care
- Supporting safe, healthy and inclusive work environments for our Indigenous workforce
- Supporting Indigenous healing and wellness practices
- Supporting capacity within Indigenous communities
- Ensuring the sustainability of programs and services in Indigenous health
The IWC continues to be guided by the AHS Wisdom Council.
For more information visit our service listing Indigenous Health Program or email email@example.com.